We start each day reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, singing a song, and having family prayer. Afterwards, we start “school” with math as I find my kids do better with it first thing in the morning. In the younger grades, we study science and history on alternating days. At this age, school work continues to last only a few hours. After lunch, our little ones enjoy arts and crafts, music and singing time, and free play.
These are books and products we have used in our home at this age.
- A Reason for Handwriting, Manuscript A
- Blank journal (child draws picture and writes sentence about picture)
- Singapore Math
- Quarter Mile Math
- I Love America, Volume 1
- USA placemats and puzzles
- The Story of the World, Volume 1: Ancient Times
- The Story of the World, Volume 2: The Middle Ages
- Inflatable globe
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Astronomy
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Botany
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Zoology
- The Wonders of God’s Creation
LOTS of paper, crayons, paint, markers to encourage creativity! We sometimes purchase craft kits from Oriental Trading Co. for extra fun.
- Signing Time
Park days, swimming, organized sports, dance, bike riding, walks, and lots of outdoor play keep our kids in shape!