Curriculum Description (from publisher)
Each rule is presented in a full-page cartoon picture for young children to color as you teach each rule. Easy teaching instructions are included too. Each rule in this book is also included as a tear-out poster so you can study and master them one by one. The book ends with a master list of the 21 Rules ready to post as a good reminder.
- We obey God.
- We love, honor and pray for one another.
- We tell the truth.
- We consider one another’s interests ahead of our own.
- We speak quietly and respectfully with one another.
- We do not hurt one another with unkind words or deeds.
- When someone needs correction, we correct him in love.
- When someone is sorry, we forgive him.
- When someone is sad, we comfort him.
- When someone is happy, we rejoice with him.
- When we have something nice to share, we share it.
- When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
- We take good care of everything that God has given us.
- We do not create unnecessary work for others.
- When we open something, we close it.
- When we take something out, we put it away.
- When we turn something on, we turn it off.
- When we make a mess, we clean it up.
- When we do not know what to do, we ask.
- When we go out, we act just as if we were in this house.
- When we disobey or forget any of the 21 Rules of This House, we accept the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Gregg & Joshua Harris
Preschool – Highschool
I absolutely love this book! I have used it time and time again!
With our little ones, usually around ages 3-5, we focus on one rule a week at the start of school. We introduce the rule and show the picture from the book. I either make a copy of this page for the kids to color, or we color our own picture. Then we work on memorizing the rule.
UPDATE 2018: Still using over and over again. If I had a dime for every time I said…. “We do not create unnecessary work for others” I’d be rich.
Where to Buy
Available at Amazon.com